Thursday, June 14, 2012

Persistent Bird.

I awoke a little after 11:00a.m this morning to a tap tap tap and a unfamiliar noise, it took me a few moments to gather myself and awaken from my slumber, quietly I said to myself " I don't think I let the dogs outside yet this morning" and after a quick check I found them still sleeping. I was perplexed by what could be making the noise outside my door, so I sat in silence for a while and soon I seen what it was, a bird flew up to the window at the top of the door and with wings flapping, began to peak on the window and peer inside. I thought to myself, well that's not something you see everyday but I also thought that that would be the last time I saw him, boy was I wrong, it is now 6:50pm and he just once again peaked inside my home, he has been very gentle the way he lands elegantly on the window and looks inside, yet he has also been persistent, I'm not a bird but I can imagine all his bird friends and family telling him to give it up, stop coming and looking in the window, because the humans inside don't care, but the truth is I do care and I rewarded and acknowledged the bird with bread crumbs. I was sitting here trying to think of something to write and after getting a idea from someone, God spoke to me and said "It was I who sent the Bird" God wants to use the Bird to speak to someone, I know he spoke to me already but there is someone else that needs to hear the story of the "Persistent Bird" the bird first represents Jesus, the birds knock on the door is a reflection of Christ knocking on the door of our hearts,"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.Revelation 3:20" sometimes we are sleeping so we aren't familiar with the knock, we need to wake up so that we can hear and become familiar with his knocking and we don't think it's someone else doing the knocking," And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice. And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.John 10:4-5. The birds gentleness yet persistence shows how Christ is Gentle yet persistent with us, he keeps knocking at the door in our lives that we have shut to him, but he does it with gentleness, never forcing his way in. Lastly the bird represents those that have heard the knocking of Christ, we seek to follow him yet family, friends, strangers, and obstacles keep telling us "Give up" "Stop seeking God's plan for your life" "God doesn't really care about you" well I'm here to tell you do NOT give up, keep seeking after God, make him the desire of your heart and I can promise you your reward will be greater than a breadcrumb.Keep seeking God and his plans for your life, humble yourself before him and he will promote you in his timing. 
.




No comments:

Post a Comment